Imagine that in the future Netflix will be able to use a heart rate monitor in your smartwatch to know what mood you are in? Do you want a tailor-made service, to suit your mood and state of mind, or would you rather keep your emotions to yourself? And what does it mean for our privacy? Who does your emotional data actually belong to? These questions and more are central in We Know How You Feel during the Dutch Design Week from 21 to 29 October 2017. In this project, VPRO Medialab researches how wearable technology can play a role in making and consuming of media. One of the components of We Know How You Feel is this debate night.
19.00 Doors open
19.30 Opening by VPRO Medialab, Studio Nick Verstand and TNO
20.00 Column: Maurits de Bruijn
Critical journalists from Stichting Gr1p and tech-CEO’s talk about the social and moral implications of these technological developments. With:
- Tessel Renzenbrink - Stichting Gr1p
- Tijmen Schep - Stichting Gr1p
- Linnet Taylor - Stichting Gr1p
- Geert-Jan Bogaerts - Head Digital Media, VPRO
- Joost van der Vleuten - Senior policy officer Telecommarket, Netherlands Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Harrie van der Vlag - Consultant Data Science, TNO
- Carmen van Vilsteren, Director of Strategic Area Health, University of Technology Eindhoven
21.10 Duo Disco
22.00 DDW Music with a.o. Chagall
Moderator: Michelle Kasprzak, writer and curator in the field of art and technology.
Dj Y’skid is in charge of the beats for this night.
We Know How you Feel Tonight takes place at Wednesday October 25th at the Effenaar, Dommelstraat 2, 5611 CK in Eindhoven. Doors open at 7pm and the programme ends at 9.30 pm. DDW Music night starts at 10 pm in the same venue.